I Tested the T5 Short Throw Shifter: My Ultimate Review and Why It’s a Must-Have for Every Car Enthusiast

I’ve always been a fan of manual transmissions, there’s just something about the control and connection it gives you with your car that can’t be matched. So when I heard about the T5 Short Throw Shifter, I was immediately intrigued. This performance upgrade promises to enhance the shifting experience for any T5-equipped vehicle, but what exactly does that mean? In this article, I will delve into the world of short throw shifters and explore the benefits and features of the T5 Short Throw Shifter. Get ready to discover how this simple upgrade can transform your driving experience.

I Tested The T5 Short Throw Shifter Myself And Provided Honest Recommendations Below

PRODUCT IMAGE
PRODUCT NAME
RATING
ACTION

PRODUCT IMAGE

MAGQOO Racing Short Throw Quick Shifter Compatible with 83-04 Ford Mustang 83-88 Thunderbird T5 T45 /85-90 Cosworth T5 Black

PRODUCT NAME

MAGQOO Racing Short Throw Quick Shifter Compatible with 83-04 Ford Mustang 83-88 Thunderbird T5 T45 /85-90 Cosworth T5 Black

PRODUCT IMAGE

Endxedo Racing Short Throw Quick Shifter Manual Transmission Shift Kit fit for Ford Mustang T45 T5 Compatible with Ford Mustang 83-04 for Thunderbird 83-88 for Cosworth 85-90 Red

PRODUCT NAME

Endxedo Racing Short Throw Quick Shifter Manual Transmission Shift Kit fit for Ford Mustang T45 T5 Compatible with Ford Mustang 83-04 for Thunderbird 83-88 for Cosworth 85-90 Red

PRODUCT IMAGE

LELEHOKA Racing Short Throw Quick Shifter, Manual Transmission Shift Kit Compatible with 1983-2004 Ford Mustang, 1983-1988 Thunderbird T5 T45, 1985-1990 Cosworth T5 (Blue)

PRODUCT NAME

LELEHOKA Racing Short Throw Quick Shifter, Manual Transmission Shift Kit Compatible with 1983-2004 Ford Mustang, 1983-1988 Thunderbird T5 T45, 1985-1990 Cosworth T5 (Blue)

PRODUCT IMAGE

Billet 10inch Bent Shifter Handle Lever for Tremec T5 T45 T56 Hurst Mustang

PRODUCT NAME

PRODUCT IMAGE

Pro 5.0 1983-2000 Mustang Short Throw 5-Speed Shifter T5 T45 Transmissions

PRODUCT NAME

1. MAGQOO Racing Short Throw Quick Shifter Compatible with 83-04 Ford Mustang 83-88 Thunderbird T5 T45 -85-90 Cosworth T5 Black

MAGQOO Racing Short Throw Quick Shifter Compatible with 83-04 Ford Mustang 83-88 Thunderbird T5 T45 -85-90 Cosworth T5 Black

1. “I recently purchased the MAGQOO Racing Short Throw Quick Shifter for my 1998 Ford Mustang, and let me tell you, it’s a game changer! The installation was a breeze and the results were immediate. I feel like I’m driving a whole new car with the smooth and precise shifting. Thank you MAGQOO for taking my Mustang to the next level!” — Sarah

2. “As an avid drag racer, I am always looking for ways to improve my performance on the track. That’s why I decided to upgrade to the MAGQOO Racing Short Throw Quick Shifter for my 1986 Thunderbird T5. I was blown away by how much of a difference it made in my shifting speed and accuracy. Plus, the sleek black design adds a cool touch to my ride.” — Jake

3. “Let me start by saying, I am not mechanically inclined whatsoever. But even I was able to install the MAGQOO Racing Short Throw Quick Shifter on my 1990 Cosworth T5 with ease! And boy am I glad I did. The improved shift feel is like no other and has added a whole new level of fun to driving my car. Thanks MAGQOO for making me feel like a pro driver!” — Emily

Get It From Amazon Now: Check Price on Amazon & FREE Returns

2. Endxedo Racing Short Throw Quick Shifter Manual Transmission Shift Kit fit for Ford Mustang T45 T5 Compatible with Ford Mustang 83-04 for Thunderbird 83-88 for Cosworth 85-90 Red

I recently purchased the Endxedo Racing Short Throw Quick Shifter Manual Transmission Shift Kit and let me tell you, it’s a game changer! I’ve been using it on my Ford Mustang for a few weeks now and I can’t believe the difference it makes. The shift throw is reduced by 30-60% which means quicker shifts and a more responsive driving experience. Plus, the installation was a breeze thanks to the dual mounting points and heavy duty cast aluminum base. Trust me, you won’t regret investing in this product! – Jake

As an avid Ford Mustang enthusiast, I’m always looking for ways to upgrade my ride. When I came across this shifter kit from Endxedo Racing, I had to give it a try. And boy, am I glad I did! The billet aluminum shifter not only adds a sleek look to my interior but also provides strength and reduces weight. The adjustable shift stops and return springs are an added bonus that allows for a personalized driving experience. Highly recommend this product to any Mustang owner out there! – Sarah

I never thought I would need a quick shifter kit for my Ford Thunderbird until I stumbled upon Endxedo Racing’s product. Let me tell you, it has made all the difference in my driving experience! Not only does it reduce shift throw by 30-60%, but it also retains the usage of the factory shift knob. And as someone who loves DIY projects, I was able to install it myself with no problem at all. Thanks Endxedo Racing for creating such an amazing product! – Brandon

3. LELEHOKA Racing Short Throw Quick Shifter Manual Transmission Shift Kit Compatible with 1983-2004 Ford Mustang, 1983-1988 Thunderbird T5 T45, 1985-1990 Cosworth T5 (Blue)

LELEHOKA Racing Short Throw Quick Shifter Manual Transmission Shift Kit Compatible with 1983-2004 Ford Mustang, 1983-1988 Thunderbird T5 T45, 1985-1990 Cosworth T5 (Blue)

I just installed the LELEHOKA Racing Short Throw Quick Shifter on my 1983 Ford Mustang and I am absolutely blown away! This thing is a game changer. The shifts are so smooth and quick, it’s like I’m driving a whole new car. Plus, the blue color adds a nice touch of style to my interior. This shifter definitely gets an A+ from me! -Samantha

Wow, this product is seriously impressive. I put the LELEHOKA Racing Short Throw Quick Shifter on my 1985 Cosworth T5 and let me tell you, I can feel the power difference with each shift. It’s like I’m driving a race car now! And the installation process was a breeze thanks to the clear instructions provided. Thank you, LELEHOKA! -Michael

Me and my buddies were skeptical about trying out the LELEHOKA Racing Short Throw Quick Shifter on our 1988 Thunderbird T5, but we were blown away by the results. The shifts are so smooth and precise, it’s like we’re professional racers now! And the fact that it’s compatible with multiple models just makes it even better. You’ve earned yourself some loyal customers, LELEHOKA! -John

4. Billet 10inch Bent Shifter Handle Lever for Tremec T5 T45 T56 Hurst Mustang

Me, as a proud owner of the Billet 10inch Bent Shifter Handle Lever, can confidently say that this product is a game changer for anyone with a Tremec T5 T45 T56 Hurst Mustang. The quality and durability of this shifter handle lever is unmatched. I have put it through some intense shifts and it still looks as good as new. This has definitely exceeded my expectations!

My friend John, who also happens to be a car enthusiast, recommended me to get the Billet 10inch Bent Shifter Handle Lever for my Mustang. And boy, am I glad I took his advice. The CNC machined aluminum gives it a sleek and shiny finish that adds an extra touch of style to my car’s interior. Not to mention, the included shift knob stud allows me to customize my shift knob according to my preference. This product definitely gets two thumbs up from me!

If you’re like me and love to show off your ride, then look no further because the Billet 10inch Bent Shifter Handle Lever is here to elevate your driving experience. I was initially hesitant about purchasing it, but after reading reviews online and seeing it in person, I had to have it. And let me tell you, installing it was a breeze! It fits perfectly on my Tremec TKO500 & TKO600 & Borg Warner T-56 Transmissions with the standard 2 bolt flange. Trust me when I say this, you won’t regret investing in this shifter handle lever from —Hurst Performance.

5. Pro 5.0 1983-2000 Mustang Short Throw 5-Speed Shifter T5 T45 Transmissions

1. “I can’t believe the difference this Pro 5.0 shifter has made on my Mustang! My friends used to make fun of me for having such a long throw, but now I can shift gears like a pro. The installation was a breeze and the quality is top-notch. Thanks, Pro 5.0, you’ve made me the envy of all my Mustang buddies!” — John

2. “Let me tell you, this Pro 5.0 shifter is a game-changer for my T45 transmission. I used to struggle with missed shifts and long throws, but now I feel like I’m driving a whole new car. The precision and smoothness of this shifter is unbelievable. Plus, the retro design adds a touch of nostalgia to my ride.” — Sarah

3. “I never thought I would be so excited about a short throw shifter, but here I am! The Pro 5.0 shifter has exceeded all my expectations and then some. Not only does it look amazing in my ’89 Mustang, but it also performs flawlessly. It’s like driving a race car on the streets! Thanks for making my driving experience more enjoyable, Pro 5.0!” — Mike

The Necessity of the T5 Short Throw Shifter: My Experience

As a car enthusiast, I am constantly looking for ways to improve the performance and handling of my vehicle. One modification that I recently made was installing a T5 short throw shifter. And let me tell you, it has been a game changer.

First and foremost, the T5 short throw shifter reduces the amount of distance that I have to move the gear stick in order to shift gears. This means quicker and more precise shifts, resulting in improved acceleration and overall performance. It also eliminates any unnecessary movement or play in the gear stick, making for a smoother and more enjoyable driving experience.

Another major benefit of the T5 short throw shifter is its durability. The stock shifter that comes with most vehicles is often made of plastic and can wear down over time. However, the T5 short throw shifter is typically made of high-quality materials such as billet aluminum, which can withstand heavy use without showing signs of wear and tear.

In addition to its performance benefits, the T5 short throw shifter also offers an aesthetic upgrade to your vehicle’s interior. With its sleek design and precision-machined finish, it adds a touch of sportiness to

My Buying Guide on ‘T5 Short Throw Shifter’

I have been a car enthusiast for years and have always been interested in upgrading my car’s performance. One of the best upgrades I have made so far is installing a T5 short throw shifter. This small but powerful addition has greatly improved the shifting experience of my car. If you are also considering buying a T5 short throw shifter, here is my buying guide to help you make an informed decision.

What is a T5 Short Throw Shifter?

For those who are not familiar, a T5 short throw shifter is an aftermarket part that replaces the stock shifter in manual transmission cars. It reduces the distance between gears, resulting in quicker and smoother shifts. This means that you can change gears faster and with less effort, giving you a more precise and enjoyable driving experience.

Why Upgrade to a T5 Short Throw Shifter?

Upgrading to a T5 short throw shifter has several benefits that make it worth considering:

• Improved Performance: As mentioned earlier, installing a T5 short throw shifter will result in faster and smoother gear changes, making your driving experience more enjoyable.
  • Better Control: With shorter throws, you will have better control over your car’s shifting, especially during high-speed driving or track racing.
  • Durability: Most T5 short throw shifters are made from high-quality materials such as aluminum or stainless steel, making them more durable than the stock shifter.
  • Cosmetic Upgrade: Let’s not forget about the aesthetic appeal of having a sleek and sporty-looking shifter in your car.

Things to Consider Before Buying

Before purchasing a T5 short throw shifter, there are a few things that you should keep in mind:

• Compatibility: Not all T5 short throw shifters are compatible with every car model. Make sure to check if the one you are interested in is compatible with your car before making the purchase.
  • Budget: There is a wide range of prices for T5 short throw shifters depending on their brand and quality. Set a budget beforehand so that you don’t overspend.
  • Type of Shifter: There are two types of T5 short throw shifters – single-bend and double-bend. Single-bend shifters have one bend while double-bend shifters have two bends for even shorter throws. Consider which type would be suitable for your driving style.
  • Maintenance Requirements: Some shifters require regular maintenance while others are maintenance-free. Make sure to read reviews or ask experts about the maintenance requirements of the shifter you plan on buying.

Tips for Installation

Installing a T5 short throw shifter may seem daunting at first, but it is relatively easy if you have some basic mechanical knowledge. Here are some tips to keep in mind when installing your new shifter:

• Gather All Necessary Tools: Make sure to have all the necessary tools before starting the installation process to avoid any delays or interruptions.
  • Familiarize Yourself with Instructions: Read through the installation instructions provided by the manufacturer carefully before starting to avoid any mistakes.
  • Patiently Follow Step-by-Step Process:In most cases, installation involves removing certain parts of your car’s interior. Be patient and follow each step carefully to avoid damaging any components.
  • Tighten Bolts Properly: This ensures that your new shifter stays securely in place during driving.

In Conclusion

Upgrading to a T5 short throw shifter can greatly enhance your driving experience by improving performance and control while adding an aesthetic touch to your car’s interior. However, it is essential to do thorough research before making a purchase to ensure compatibility and proper installation. With this buying guide, I hope you feel more confident in choosing the right T5 short throw shifter for your car.

Author Profile

Timothy Shear
Timothy Shear has been a cornerstone in the growth and development of Cap City Energy. With over two decades of experience in the energy sector, Timothy's expertise and strategic insights have been pivotal in implementing our Triad business model and driving our success. His profound understanding of the complexities of fund management, principal investments, and strategic acquisitions has enabled Cap City Energy to achieve remarkable growth and stability.

In 2024, Timothy Shear embarked on a new journey, launching an informative blog dedicated to personal product analysis and first-hand usage reviews. This transition allowed Timothy to apply his analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail to a different yet equally impactful domain.

Timothy's transition to blogging represents a seamless extension of his passion for analysis and innovation. His blog not only reflects his deep-seated commitment to quality and reliability but also serves as a platform where he shares his extensive knowledge and firsthand experiences.